Search for content in message boards

Vassie Hennis Kallam Obit

Replies: 0

Vassie Hennis Kallam Obit

Posted: 1249639263000
Classification: Obituary
(photo)

MAYODAN — Vassie Hennis Kallam went home to be with the Lord on Friday, July 31, 2009. She died peacefully with her son and daughter- in-law by her side.

The funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. today, Sunday, August 2, at Beaver Island Baptist Church with Rev. Steve Parker and Dr. James G. Crews officiating. Interment will follow in Ayersville Baptist Church cemetery.

Mrs. Kallam was born in Stokes County on May 17, 1908, to the late Charlie and Lula Mitchell Hennis.

She was a longtime, faithful member of Beaver Island Baptist Church. She retired from Washington Mills, Inc. after 30 years of service and then continued working for Custom Screen Printing for several years. Vassie was a loving wife, mother and grandmother. She was an excellent seamstress and loved quilting. She was an avid reader and loved cooking for her family and friends.

In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Howard M. Kallam; an infant son, Dennis; brothers, Bob, Elbert, Gilmer, Roy, Wade, and Warner Hennis; and sisters, Lulie Nelson, Mary Lemons and Sally Haley.

Survivors include her son, James "Jimmy" R. Kallam, and daughter-in-law, Linda Robertson Kallam; granddaughter, April Kallam Campbell and husband, Alex, of Greenville, S.C., and grandson, James Howard Kallam, of Mayodan.

The family will receive friends following the service at Ayersville Baptist Church Fellowship Hall and all other times at the home of Jimmy and Linda Kallam, 2852 Ayersville Road, Mayodan.
Special thanks is extended to Kecia Hurd for her years of devotion as caretaker and friend to Mrs. Kallam. We also appreciate the staff members of Council on Aging, nurses from Advance Home Care and Hospice of Rockingham County.

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith..."

- II Timothy 4:7

Memorials may be made to Beaver Island Baptist Church, 3111 Ayersville Road, Mayodan, NC 27027.
Colonial Funeral Home in Madison is serving the family.
Condolences may be offered at www.colonialfh.net

Published in the News Record on 8/2/2009

Find a board about a specific topic