Search for content in message boards

Help with these Chisholms and Margaret McLean

Replies: 0

Help with these Chisholms and Margaret McLean

teresa (View posts)
Posted: 1105913456000
Classification: Query
Daniel Chisholm - I do not know if he came from North or South Carolina. He was born between 1780 and 1790 - and married Margaret McLean, who was born around 1800. Her family may have been from Robeson County, AL. Daniel and Margaret migrated from Robeson County to Monroe County, AL. In 1830, Daniel lived beside a Mary Chisholm, who had another female in her household. Daniel in 1830, had 11 people in his household. There were:

4 males in his household - one was Neal R., born around 1828 who was 2 at the time
I do not know the names of the other males. Possible names are John Chisholm who married Matilda Curry in Monroe County, AL in 1832. Also - Hugh Chisholm, who owned land near John and Daniel - above Beatrice.

Daniel had 6 females in his household, which included his wife Margaret. There were:

born in 1820 in North Carolina - Sarah
born in 1822 in North Carolina - Elizabeth
born in 1824 in North Carolina - Mary
born in 1832 in Alabama - Ann

On the 1840 Monroe County, AL census,
Mary Chisholm and the lady in her household, moved into Daniel's household.
This Mary Chisholm was between 70 and 80 years old in 1840. Ann, Mary, Elizabeth, Sarah, and the unknown lady that 10 years ago had lived with Mary Chisholm were all in the household - including Daniel's wife, Margaret.
There were only 2 males in the household in 1840 - Neal R., who was around 12 years old and another male between 20 and 30 yrs of age.

In 1847, Daniel died. On the 1850 census, Margaret is left with Neal, Ann, Mary, Elizabeth, and Sarah Chisholm.

Can someone help me with this family? I'm trying to find out where Margaret came from - who were her parents in North Carolina? Where did Daniel come from? What happened to this family after 1850?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Teresa

Find a board about a specific topic