Search for content in message boards

Johnson's and DNA

Replies: 1

Re: Johnson's and DNA

Posted: 1178002477000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Benton, Cook, Champion, Dale, Denton, Fisher, Hollified, Johnson, Lail, Lane, McFalls, Pruett, Roper, Smith, Swink, Warlick & Etc.
I am kin to some of The Johnsons that lived & stll live in Burke Morganton N.C. My mother is Gail Swink Shropshire, Her Dad was Summie Rollen Swink and his mother was Alpa (Alpha, Alfa) Johnson. This Johnson was born and raised in Burke Co. N.C. Back in the latter part of the 1800's. Her birth & death dates are as followes; B: 08 Feb 1875 - D: 08 Jul 1962 & Sheb is also buried at: The Big Springs Baptist Church Cemetery in Bostic or Hollis area of Rutherford Co. N.C.
My mother has also told me that her grand-mother Alpa (Alpha, Alfa) Johnson was kin to Ola Johnson; Ola's birth & death dates are as followes; 1 Jan 1917 - Apr 1973 and is buried at Cool Springs Cemetery The SECTION 3, Rutherford County, North Carolina. Ola married my Great Uncle Climomtine (Bud) Shropshire: birth & death dates are as followes; 1 Jan 1925 - May 1981 SSN: 237-26-5279. He went crazy an killed her, while drunk and maybe on drugs - (How Stupid I say). Many people in both families have neglected the other family members because of it, but I say (It was not my fault and I only want to know about my family memebers. Yes, he served his time in prison, I feel that any one that has killled someone needs to be punished themselfs 10 times fold, but that's not the way it happens. I do not feel that my uncle should have killed her; by no means, she was also kin to the other side of my famiy. I also do not feel that he got the time nor the punishment deserved for killing someone. I know that he was one of my Great Uncles. but He should have been hanged as they use to do back in the ole days!!!!
If , it would have been my daughter , even in the current day: I would be sent to prison for killing the man - that had killed her. (That is bad to say, but I would!).
I am just a kin person, wanting to pass the kin information on to others that someday may want to know about who they are kin too.
I am really interested in the Burke Co. Morganton N.C. Upcoming; Johnson Family Reunion - to see people that I haven't seen in many years and to meet others that I have never had the chance to never meet.
Please, if anyone finds out or nows anything about the upcoming Johnson Family Reunion; I would give anything to reunite with my Johnson Family.
If you have any questions or concerns in informing on or with any issues with our Johnson Family; Please contact me at: misterycookie@yahoo.com
I very much look forward to hearing from you with any contact or informatinional issues. I will tell you anything that I know and have learned from any of the family members.
Looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience; Thanks.
Sincerely,
Donna Shropshire Caviness

Most of the surnames that I have included; Burke - Morganton; N.C., Rutherford Co., Cleveland Co. N.C. & maybe other counties and states unknown of at this time.
Also there can be other unknown Surnames in which we have kin, at this time.
Alot of our kin people have went against each other, based off off craziness. I feel that a family in full: ( no matter what should at least be friends through thick & thin.) A person can not control what their child decides to do in life nor can they change it. So I feel that the rest of the family, as the immediate family has to do: can look over what has went wrong - where it will and never be changed and except it in some type of degree to get along in a mutual way to still communicate and still be a family.
Alot of my family can not except certain things that have went on wintin our families, in which they have neglected so many years which could have been family time and in making family meeting times and exciting event to meet once or more a year. Many people in families can't except close kin relations & children, others can't except other origins being married into the family, Although the point is, that we all have to accept it and go on to communicate or families fall apart, lose contact with each other, don't want to communicate with each other, or etc. This in my oppinion, is not a correct way to handle things in a family. I feel that there should always be contact between family members in staying in contact with each other no matter what.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SusieHouk35 1163137925000 
Barbie Casey 1178002477000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic