Search for content in message boards

William F Allison from New York to Guantanamo Cuba

Replies: 1

William F Allison from New York to Guantanamo Cuba

Posted: 1418697245000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Allison
Searching for any information that is available for Allison relatives in Guantanamo area. William F Allison was one of the first US Consular Agents assigned to Guantanamo around 1872. congressional records show he served as both a consular agent and commercial agent from 1872 to 1888. I do know that he did marry into the Socias family and had a daughter named Ana Claudia Allison in 1885. Vessel records also show that he was originally from New York and born around August 1828. He travelled twice from Santiago de Cuba to New York during this timeframe. He was responsible for collecting fees from all ships that moored at the dock in Guantanamo and for inspecting all passengers for any signs of Yellow Fever. He also maintained records of goods and products that were imported and expected from Guantanamo. That's all I have on him! Would like to learn more about his American roots, as I have not been able to locate any Wm F Allison born in New York around 1828. Also, to my knowledge, he did die in Cuba, but, I do not know where or when. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Also, his daughter Claudia married into the Osle family from Caimanera, Cuba. Thanks for any info that you can share! JMK/ Florida
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
1KUSS2KUSS 1418697245000 
Carol Powell 1418907237000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic