Search for content in message boards

Wyoming Reporter Newspaper Archives

Replies: 0

Wyoming Reporter Newspaper Archives

Posted: 1554951085000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baldwin, O'Donnell
I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the newspaper called the Wyoming Reporter. It covered the town of Wyoming (not the whole county) and nearby areas like Bethany, Pavilion, and Covington. There are are a good number of digitized images of it on Fultonhistory.com, but a big chunk of 1890-1896 is missing and those dates are where the most events occurred that I'm interested in researching.

I have some clippings from an old family book that include obituaries from May 1890, and I'm trying to figure out exactly which paper it came from, in the hopes that once I figure it out, there may be information about other events. My number one candidate at the moment is the Wyoming Reporter. I'm particularly looking for an obituary of Ellen O'Donnell (maiden name Baldwin) who died April 10th, 1895 in East Bethany. I know there has to be some sort of obituary out there because in the Le Roy Gazette for the week of April 10th, 1920, there is a little section about what happened 25 years ago, and her death is mentioned. I don't think whoever was putting together the paper would know about that unless there was some account of it at the time. I don't think it came from the Le Roy Gazette itself though because I've manually read through the entire paper for the weeks immediately after April 10th and I didn't see it mentioned.

On the digitized microfilm on fultonhistory, the film says '1892-1896 not available for filming'. I hope that doesn't mean that it's completely lost or destroyed. If anyone is knowledgable about Wyoming County history or may know someone to contact about possibly finding these years for the Wyoming Reporter, I would love to hear from you. I'm not an expert in old newspapers of Wyoming county by any means, but I have utilized the library of congress chronicling america website, the new york state library list of historic newspapers, fultonhistory.com, nyshistoricnewspapers.com, genealogybank, and newspapers.com, and none of them have any additional digitized images of (or other information about) the Wyoming Reporter.

Thanks

Find a board about a specific topic