Hi there. I am a Hall family (specifically, Monroe, Orange County, NY) researcher. I've questioned the lineage of my direct ancestor, James Hall (b. 1832). The records that had been passed down to me began with him. Recently, after some exhausting research, I’ve decided that Abraham Hall (b. abt 1799) and his wife Mary must be James’ parents. I also believe Abraham is a son of James Hall (abt 1770) and Millicent Huff (abt 1781) so I'm looking for anyone with connections to that family line that might have solid information to share.
Basic info I have on Abraham:
Side note: Abraham & Mary had three daughters born between abt 1821 and 1827 that showed up along with Rhoda on Abraham’s 1830 Monroe census record. No names – only age brackets were listed. I suspect one of them was Millicent Hall (b. abt 1827) who married John Redner. In 1850 I found "Millicent & John Redmer" in Hamptonburgh, Orange with 3 children. In 1855, She was listed as "Millison Redner" and lived in the same house as Abraham & Mary (her parents?) She was with 4 children and was widowed. 5 years after that, (1860 – Monroe) the youngest of Millicent’s children (Peter Redner b. abt 1852) was living with Abraham & Mary. I found her oldest son later on but haven’t found her or her daughters after 1855.
Known children of Abraham Hall & Mary:
• Rhoda Hall (7 Oct 1829 NY – 24 Mar 1922 NJ ) married James Jones – had 10 children, one died as a child, one set of twins. In 1880 her widowed mother, Mary, lived with her in Monroe.
• James Hall (10 May 1832 NY – 8 May 1910 NY) married Mary Babcock – had 8 children all born in Monroe/Tuxedo/Southfields
• JOSIAH Hall (16 Oct 1834 NY – 19 Feb ___ ) married Rachel D. (?) – had 1 son that I know of; Charles Hall
• (I have no record of Jeremiah Hall (1834 - ) – Some folks have put him on their trees in error. He might have been confused for Josiah)
• Henrietta Hall (Dec 1839 NY – after 1910 NY) (also seen as Harriett)married Thomas Conklin – had 5 children. In 1870 her mother lived with her – Abraham had already died.
• Louisa Hall (1841 - ) no information past 1860 when she was living with parents in Monroe.
In case you’d like to know the children of James Hall and Mary Babcock, my 3rd great-grandparents, who resided in Monroe/Southfields/Tuxedo I have the following:
Anna Elizabeth Hall (1856 - 1917) married Edward Smith
Sarah Louise Hall (1858 - 1940) married John Benjamin
Frank Charles Hall (1861 – 1940) married Ellen Mullen
Abraham J Hall (1863 – 1947) married Selina Smith – these are my great-great-grandparents
Harriet B “Hattie” Hall (1867 – aft 1930) m1 William H Helms (d. 1894) m2 James Hilyer
Josiah W Hall (1869 - 1953) married Margaret Machell
James Spencer Hall (1875 - ) no further info
Peter Freedland Hall (1876 - 1969) married Julia E Stevens