Search for content in message boards

William Inman or William Taylor Inman

Replies: 0

William Inman or William Taylor Inman

Posted: 1555765668000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Inman, Baker, Chandler
In my great grandmother, Caroline Marqueze Miller's DAR application, she states that her parents are William Inman and Annie Eyre Baker. Back in 1900 when she joined, the applications did not require birth, marriage, or death dates or records. I did find an 1860 Philadelphia Census Record, showing William Inman, age 30; Annie age 26; William age 7; and Caroline age 4. I also found several Philadelphia City Directories for Annie E Inman, widow of William Inman.

I have not found a marriage record for William Inman, nor have I found a birth record for Caroline. I found a death certificate for Annie E. Inman, a widow, b. 7 Sep 1839, d. 1 Aug 1913. Annie had a son William A. Chandler, son of William A. Chandler. No marriage record has been found nor a birth record for her son. Many newspaper articles show Annie and her sisters were involved in Philadelphia Society.

I found a Return of a Death for William T. Inman, age 45, single, d. 10 Oct 1876, (b. about 1831) cause of death - Disease of the brain. He died in the PA Hospital for Insane and is buried in Woodland Cemetery in Philadelphia. This is actually William Taylor Inman, the son of Commodore William Inman and is buried near his sisters, Mary Berrien Inman and Eliza Montgomery Inman Odenheimer. Other records that I have found for William, all say he is single. I contacted the hospital in Philadelphia requesting his records, but was told that they are held in perpetuity. I was told I could go to court to prove that I was next of kin then they would release them to me. Good luck with that since he died about 143 years ago. I wanted the records hoping to prove he was my 2nd great grandfather.

I have not had any luck with DNA matches either. Is there anyone with information on this Inman family?? I would really appreciate your help. Thank you. My email is shortiz89@sbcglobal.net.

Find a board about a specific topic