Search for content in message boards

George Edward Smith

Replies: 0

George Edward Smith

Posted: 1552327722000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Sixbery, Collins, Foley
Hello! I am trying to find information regarding a George Edward Smith.

He was born around 1914 in Syracuse, NY. His father is Carl Hendrick Smith who was born in 1888 Syracuse, NY and passed on September 6th 1940 in Oneida, NY. I believe his biological mother is Alta May Sixbery, born in 1891 NY, and passed in 1936. For reasons unknown his mother, Alta, seems to have disappeared from his life as i can only find her on the early census.

I know George Smith had a brother, Carl M Smith, who was born on May 12, 1910 and passed on September 14, 1969. He also had either a half brother or step brother named Walter Tembrock Smith who was born March 5, 1912 and passed on June 26, 1998 in Lee, Florida. We are leaning towards Walter being his step brother as he is not shown in the early census between Carl Smith and Alta May. Instead, he appears during Carl H Smiths second marriage to Edith Collins (previously Foley from another marriage) on July 6, 1923. We believe Walter took Carl Smiths last name.

George Edward Smith married Ruth Ella Chesley on February 1, 1932 in Concord, NH and had a daughter, Carol Smith, born in 1932, and a son, Richard Smith, who was born in 1934. Richard Smith is my grandfather and we have been trying to find information on his long lost father, George Edward Smith, for many years. He disappeared shortly before my Grandfather, Richard, was born and never made contact again.

From the information I gathered, I know George Edward Smith lived in Oswego NY in September of 1940. He is listed on his father, Carl Hendrick Smiths, obituary. This is the last piece of information I can find on him however. I cannot seem to track down any information on his passing such as an obituary or gravestone for George.

It is possible that George Edward Smiths family never knew of the existence of my grandfather, Richard, and his sister, Carol. I am hoping that possibly a family member of his mothers side (Sixbery) or fathers side (Smith) may be able to offer some information on George Edward Smith. My Grandfather has a single picture of him that I have attached. He is in the center of the photograph, third from the right.

If anyone can provide any information on George Edward Smith, it would be greatly appreicated!

Thank you!!
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic