Search for content in message boards

R C SYKES - wife is an unknown Petrie

Replies: 0

R C SYKES - wife is an unknown Petrie

Posted: 1546640928000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sykes, Petrie, Butler
I've a real puzzle here I'm looking to solve. Question is who the wife of R C Sykes in the year of 1881 located in Durhamville. The following obit is found for a direct line relation:

Morrisville, NY Madison Observer, Wednesday, August 31, 1881 gives details of Ida’s death:
A SUDDEN AND STRANGE DEATH – Ida Butler, aged 13 years, died suddenly and of a rather mysterious cause, at Durhamville, last week Monday. Ida, a daughter of Mary J Butler, of Merrillsville, had been visiting an older sister who lives with one Mrs. R. C. Sykes, at Durhamville. For two or three days previous to her death, Ida had suffered somewhat from bowel complaint, but was not thought seriously ill; in fact on the day of her death she ate a moderate breakfast. Soon after breakfast, Mrs. Sykes, for some reason unexplained, suddenly thought to take Ida home and started with her; when about half a mile away she discovered Ida was insensible, and immediately turned the horse toward home, and before going far the girl died. – Canestota Herald.

Mary Jane Butler's maiden name was Petrie born NY (1840) and died Tuscola County, MI (1912). Her death certificate does not indicate her parents. She was
married first to James Butler of Madison County, NY second to Albert Kile of Tuscola County, MI.

Maybe if R C Sykes could be found, I could find her sister and track the parents that way. Any hints / help is welcomed.

Find a board about a specific topic