Search for content in message boards

Wandall Rhoda?

Replies: 0

Wandall Rhoda?

Posted: 1506639195000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rhoda/Rhode/Rode/Roda/Rod
I think I've reached the limits of Ancestry's records with this man, so I'm wondering if anyone has any leads as to who his siblings or especially parents were. I believe the earliest concrete record that I have of him is the 1800 Federal Census, where he is listed as "Wendal Rhode" (his name is spelled in various places Wandall/Wendell/Wendall/Wandal/Wendle Rhoda/Rhode/Roda/Rode) in Livingston, Columbia County (county of birth of his wife, Hannah), but according to Hornby NY historical society (town where he spent most of his life), he was born in Charleston, Montgomery County. I can't find *any* record of him there, and several unsourced family trees on Ancestry have his supposed parents Johan(nes/nis) Pieter/Peter Rod(e) and Sara(h) Preys/Preis living in Columbia County. I've found a little information on those people, but nothing actually linking them to Wandall, and no birth or baptism record at all for Wandall. If anyone has *any* information on Wandall's birth or parents, it would be great appreciated!

Find a board about a specific topic