Search for content in message boards

WANTED Battle of Oriskany Historian to Set the Record Straight

Replies: 0

WANTED Battle of Oriskany Historian to Set the Record Straight

Posted: 1503095108000
Classification: Query
My name is J. Young from Cornwall Ont. Canada , heart of SD&G where the Loyalists from the Mohawk Valley NY resettled after the Rev War . I have over 35 direct ancestors their brothers , and brothers in law who served King's Royal Regiment of New York aka KRRNY , many of whom were at Battle of Oriskany , including Donald McDonell of Scotus who was killed there .
Many of the current histories of the Battle of Oriskany NY August 6 1777 , include the rousing tale of how the gravelly wounded Jacob Gardinier killed Captain - Lieutenant John McDonell / McDonald in hand to hand combat . Well this is at least partial fiction as Captain - Lieutenant John McDonell was NOT killed there , survived the Rev War , and had an extended military and political career in Canada where he died in 1809 .
I am in search of a truth loving historian , who will help set the record straight . I am not going to hand anyone a pamphlet or folder of my decades long work , but I can guide such an historian to such original documents [ available online ] which include the Claim for Losses in the Mohawk Valley , of various Loyalists submitted to the British after the Rev War . These and other documents will prove that Jacob Gardinier did not kill this Captain - Lieutenant John McDonell ; Mr Gardinier may or may not have dispatched another soul in the fashion stated , but it was not this guy .
Happy to carry on the conversation here , or you can email me jyoung-young AT hotmail.com

Find a board about a specific topic