Need Help Finding Date of Death

Replies: 2

Need Help Finding Date of Death

Christyn (View posts)
Posted: 1153936910000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Conti
Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions on how to find out when & where a relative died w/o having to pay the money by going through the state.

The info I'm looking for is for Amalie Conti. She was born around 1877 in Italy and died between 1935 and 1947 (presumably in Rochester). The info I have is minimal. Relatives who are still alive who remember her said she never married. She is not listed in any burial records at Holy Sepulchre, which is where both her parents and all of her siblings are buried. Where else might a Catholic in the city have been buried?

Another weird tidbit is that she is listed in the 1920 census w/the rest of her family. I couldn't find her anywhere in the 1930 census, but she is listed as a survivor in her mother's obituary in 1935.

All of the older relatives who remember her described her as very intelligent and one said she might have had a nervous breakdown. If it's the case that she might have been committed somewhere, where would I look for info?

I'm very intrigued by this family mystery. Any suggestions about where to look next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Christyn 1153936910000 
ctcarlabee 1501513923000 
Phyllis C. St... 1502243913000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic