I'm interested in making contact with anyone researching the Streb name for the Up-State NY area, particularly Monroe County, Rochester. There seems to be a few family groups, some of which had ties to Horden, Baden and others to Wurttemberg.
Some of the Streb groups are as follows:
1) siblings- George Streb / #1 Carolina Immer, #2 Catherine Koch, John Streb / Genevieve Fliegler, Joseph Streb / Genovieve Lang, Frank Streb / Catherine Hohman, and Maria Anna Streb / Theodor Bauer. John & Joseph immigrated from Horden, Baden about 1846.
2) Jacob Streb / Anna Maria Lang from Horden, Baden, Immigrated 1869 with 4 children; Stephanie, Stephen, John, Paul. He may have been cousin to those already here.
3) John Streb & Anna Maria Streb family, in 1870 were in Lancaster, NY then moved to outside of Rochester, Pittsford/Brighton by 1880s. I don't know what connection they have.
4) I found a Joanes Streb/Elisabetha Schmidt and Peter Streb/Catharina Lihanse(?) as parents in baptism records for St. Joseph's church. (father: Peter Streb - Zumborn (?) Phar Hessen (?), mother:Catharina Lihanse (?) - Nordergrinen ? Child: Joanes Streb b. 14 Oct 1859, sponsor: Joanes Streb) & (father: Joanes Streb - Lumborn, Ohnehessen, mother: Elisabetha Schmidt - Nieder gründorn, Ohne Hessen, child: Maria Barbara Streb b. 22 Sept 1860, sponsor: Barbara Burr - of West Rush)
5) There is also Jonas Streb / Afra Blum.