Search for content in message boards

Deniston

Replies: 13

Re: Deniston

Posted: 1495233936000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Deniston, Chilson, Bailey, Steward
I'm just starting to work on the Bailey side of my family and found this thread. Hope you are all well and still there! I too have been trying to figure out if Chilson or Faulkner is the correct maiden name for Olive Deniston. I only find Faulkner in the death notice for her daughter, Jane Fosdick. Chilson seems to show up often in other people's trees but without any documentation such as at the phillmuell at charter.net site, which, I think, is you. I found a letter yesterday in my mother's documents that is from Mabel Lydia Bailey to her daughter Willa Mabel Steward (my grandmother). In it she says "Grandmother's given name was Olive. I think her maiden name was Chilson. Not sure about that. You may remember hearing your dad talk about Charley Chilson. He lived near Maple Rapids, I think." There is more to the letter but that is the most relevant here. If you have additional information regarding this, please let me know. I continue to dig through the many boxes of documents, photos, etc. that my mom left me and am happy to share any and all of it of interest.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bernitagilmor... 1344004532000 
JoycePhillips... 1344008007000 
JoycePhillips... 1344010554000 
Michael Tryon 1495233936000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic