Search for content in message boards

James Knapp NASHVILLE (NOT the James KNAPP of Harmony)

Replies: 3

Re: James Knapp NASHVILLE (NOT the James KNAPP of Harmony)

Posted: 1578144221000
Classification: Query
I have a Henry A Knapp born about 1808 in Massachusetts. 1 census says New York. All others say Massachusetts.
He died in St Joseph County MI.
After looking at land deeds in St Joseph Co MI I find that Henry A Knapp and first wife Martha were residents of Buffalo, Erie Co NY as of 7 May 1836 .
I then turn to Erie Co NY land deed and find Henry A Knapp and wife Martha selling land on 11 Dec 1833 to William Wheeler in Buffalo, Erie Co, NY.
Then I find on 1 Nov 1834 in Chautaqua Co NY in Record Book B of the First Baptist Church in Pomfret
Chautauqua County N.Y.
November 1st Covenant meeting, letters presented by Henry A. Knapp and Martha his wife from the church in Buffalo, by Anson C. Guild and Miranda his wife from West Winfield and by Fanny Buck wife of Brother R. Buck from Madison, who were severally received by the church on the same.
I match DNA of the Connecticut line of Knapps. Has anyone ever heard of Henry A Knapp ? Can someone help?? I need parents for Henry and a surname for Martha.
Martha died young and Henry A Knapp married a Mary Mandigo (Widow) in the Dutch Reformed Church in St Joseph Co MI in 1839.
I have finally at least found where he lived and what his 1st wife's name was.
I am descended through Henry & Martha Knapp's only child known to me Lucius H Knapp who died in the Civil War.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
deedavidson97 1160034583000 
christinemkin... 1215440999000 
MelodySloan49 1352591596000 
Kel-lea Searl... 1578144221000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic