Search for content in message boards

Proving relationship to deceased / Photo questions

Replies: 1

Re: Proving relationship to deceased / Photo questions

Posted: 1357645318000
Classification: Query
If you live in or near New Jersey, you can visit the Archives and get the copies yourself, without proving a relationship. If you don't live nearby, you can hire someone (or find a willing volunteer) to obtain the copies for you.

I live in Michigan, so a personal visit was not easy. I hired a researcher to retrieve the documents. The cost was less than ordering them through NJ Health, and I have the cause of death.

To my knowledge, arriving immigrants were not photographed. If your family was naturalized in the 20th century, the naturalization paperwork MAY have a photo.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
choffmeister8... 1357606710000 
BurgessDonnel... 1357645318000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic