Search for content in message boards

Cora Butterfiled Swan

Replies: 1

Re: Cora Butterfiled Swan

Posted: 1358870096000
Classification: Query
Hi! If you don't locate a volunteer for the marriage look-up, you have a few options to locate the marriage certificate for your couple:

NJ Marriages are available for the period of 1848-1940. For the year 1916, the certificates are filed by last name of the groom. More info:

1) If you cannot visit the Archives, you can hire a researcher to obtain the copy for you. Fee should range $10-15 for this request. Visit the Genealogical Society of New Jersey's website for a list of Researchers:

2) If you know the town, you can contact that municipality's health department to request the certificate. FYI, a cost for a City of Elizabeth search is $15.

3) Write to the NJ Dept of Health ( ). Fee is $25.

Happy Searching!!

Michelle Tucker Chubenko
Member, Association of Professional Genealogists
"Things don't turn up in this world until somebody turns them up."
- James A. Garfield
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Florence445 1358801973000 
Shell_NJ 1358870096000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic