Search for content in message boards

Cox family genealogy

Replies: 1

Cox family genealogy

Posted: 1574667349000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cox, Miller, Dowell, Martin
I have hit a ten year road block in my research of my third great-grandmother's family.

My family has said that Ida's parents or grandparents walked the trail of tears.

Ida Cox was her maiden name. In 1885 in Pike county Missouri. She married George Green and her father William Cox was present and gave his consent as she was under the age of 18.

I cannot find her on any census list until 1900 even with her maiden name. In the 1900's census she is listed as white and her date of birth on Aug 9th, 1869 in Plymouth Illinois.

But on her death certificates which list her date of death as August 9th, 1928 in St Louis Missouri. Lists her as being born on August 9th, 1877. But that would have put her at 8 years old when she got married so I don't know which is the correct year of birth.

She married four times (Green, Dowell, Miller, Martin) in her life time and had over 10 kids.

Where I have hit the stumbling block is who were her parents? As I cannot find her birth certificate and who her grandparents was?

To verify if they really did walk the trail of tears and if they were really Cherokee and on any of the rolls.

Since Ida isn't on the Dawes rolls or the Guion Miller rolls. I don't know if her parents or her grandparents would be on there even if we find out who their names were.

It also said that after Ida got married in 1885 her parents moved to Indian territory.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm about to pull out my hair. It is very frustrating and very confusing researching this line.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cubby286 1574667349000 
judyartley261... 1577904153000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic