There was a Bush School located on the Ralls County and Pike County line. There was a placed called Bush Station (along Highway 79 & Railroad track) was just South of the Pike County line (just North of Ashburn, MO).
Busch, located in northern Salt River township, once had a post office and railroad station for the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad. The town was named for Adolphus Busch of the Anheuser-Busch Brewery of St. Louis. The brewery at one time owned 1,200 acres of land in this vicinity and had a large ice house there for storing ice cut from the river. The building has been out of use since the early 1900's. Busch is also spelled "Bush" on some old Pike County maps. It is located 13 miles from Hannibal and approximately 23 miles from Bowling Green.
Bush is located on the northern edge of the county near Ralls County line on Burlington Northern Railroad. (--Map of Mo., 1917, Rand McNally.)
It is situated on Sec. 2, Twp. 55 N, R. 3 W on 79 south of Ralls County line.
Mail is via New London, Ralls Co. -- rural; no population. (--Rand McNally, 1974.)
A nearby cemetery has been renamed over the years according to the family that owned the farm land.
There is a Bush Cemetery in Marion County (north of Higway 61 and the Hannibal Regional Airport)off County Road 407 - Mt. Zion Road (Southeast of McWilliams Cemetery). There was a James Wilson Robertson (Oct. 10, 1854 - March 17, 1921) buried there.