All of this info below has not been researched as well as it should. A work in process as all genealogy is. I am a descendant of:
Descendants of James "Jimmie" FRIEND
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES "JIMMIE"4 FRIEND (JONS "JAMES"3, GABRIEL2, NILS LARSSON (FRANDE)1) was born 1794 in Maryland or Ohio (death cert.), and died 1883 in Theodosia, Ozark Co., MO. He married MARY JANE "JENNIE" DILLWOOD in Scott Co., MO. She was born 1800 in Tennessee or SC or Maryland (death cert.), and died 1865.
Notes for JAMES "JIMMIE" FRIEND:
James deeded the Lutie, MO Cemetery to the public. They are both buried there. He served in the Black Hawk War.
Death certificate of his son Elijah, says he was born in Ohio and Jennie in Maryland. Elizabeth Taber, Elijah's daughter, reported the death of Elijah and gave the information.
Children of JAMES FRIEND and MARY DILLWOOD are:
i. CHARLES5 FRIEND.
Notes for CHARLES FRIEND: He died young.
2. ii. BETSY ELIZABETH FRIEND, d. Abt. 1860, Taney Co., MO.
iii. SUSAN FRIEND, b. Abt. 1824, MO.
Notes for SUSAN FRIEND: She never married.
3. iv. RUSHA "RISH" FRIEND, b. 1826, Braxton Co., VA; d. 1880, Harrison, AR.
v. SALLY J. FRIEND, b. 1827; m. DAVID N. JONES, 1840.
4. vi. LURA FANNY "FRANCIS" FRIEND, b. 1828, Kentucky; d. Bet. 1850 - 1860.
5. vii. ELIJAH FRIEND, b. 1830, Ozark Co., MO; d. 18 Mar 1917, Theodosia, MO.
6. viii. JOHN FRIEND, b. 1831.
7. ix. THOMAS FRIEND, b. Bet. 1833 - 1840, Lebanon, MO.
8. x. ELIAS FRIEND, b. 1837, Ozark Co., MO; d. Bef. 10 Feb 1869.
xi. ZEN? FRIEND, b. 1838, MO.