Winston County, MS: 1892 Confederate Widows Pensions, page 215.
1. Name: Martha White
2. How long have you resided in MS? 45 years
3. In what county do you reside? Winston -- Post office: Louisville
4. What was your husband's name? James L. White
5. In what state did he reside when he enlisted in the service of the Confederate States? Mississippi
6. What was the date of his enlistment? Nov 4, 1861
7. What was the name of the company and regiment or vessel in which he served? Co. C, 45th Miss Reg
8. How long was he in actual service of the Confederacy? 8 months
9. What were the names of the officers of the company or regiment or vessel at the time he was in the service? Col Hardcastle, Capt Elisha Nunn
10. Was he honorably discharged? not answered -- When? 1862
11. Where was he discharged? Columbus, Miss
12. Where did he die? Winston Co -- When? Feby 25, 1888
13. What is your age? 62 years
14. Have you married since your husband's death? No
15. Do you apply for a pension because you are indigent and unable to earn a livelihood? Yes
16. Do you hold any State, County, or City office from which you are receiving, as salary or fees, the sum of $300 per annum? No
17. Are you worth in your own right, or in the right of any other person, property at its assessed value for taxation to the amount of $500? No
Signed Martha White
Sworn to and subscribed before me, this 29th day of July 1893. Robert L. Wood, Chancery Clerk.
Affidavit of two witnesses: W.L. Craig, Stephen Krebbs
Approved 5th Sept 1893.