Search for content in message boards

David cripps, mom solona or sonoma father George Daniel burget??

Replies: 1

David cripps, mom solona or sonoma father George Daniel burget??

Posted: 1536770404000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cripps burges
Ive been doing my family tree for over 20 years with a 2nd cousin of mine. He did it over 30 years. Anyway, before internet was handy, family gossip helped guild us. We went to the court houses at places we knew they where. Went to see great aunts all over. 3 great aunts in Kentucky was a major wealth of knowledge on david cripps and allan cripps and Richard. Old family gossip. I imagine it changed through the passing down of it. . We did find david cripps where he listed his mother as soloma. Years later we found his father listed as George Daniel burget We found him and knew he was born in Germany. But nothing links him and soloma other then being in the same place same time. Add david is a cripps and we find it confusing. We found a census where david cripps lists his fathers place of birth in Germany and sonoma in Pennsylvania. Soloma amd Daniel burget both list their birth places and its the same. In Soloma's elderly years u can find her living with david. She is listed as sara or sonoma or salona. I havent found what we have online yet last few months. Back in 99 ancestory site was useless most of the time. bill has these copies, i hand wrote the info off his copies. . He has passed away and i do not want to ask his wife to rummage through his stuff just yet. He was much older then me. I grew up doing this with him and had a ball. We took it very seriously and made lots of roadtrips. We also have lots of old gossip from our elder members before they died about the cripps. Asher cripps, allans brother. From old family gossip had a affair with one of allans daughters. Lots of drama over that.. some other stuff as well. Anyway, my grand mothers dad is richard sparlong cripps. Allans son. My aunt and one uncle the two oldest, remember richard sparlong cripps and speak fondly of him. I got some gossip on him too. Got to love gossipy g grandparents and great aunts! Some of these court houses we went to has since burned down. So i believe the only copies is what bill has. And my written copies. I have been to to cemetery David is.. and we have photos, only bill has them. I need to get those. Has anyone else found or seen these documents im talking about? They are census records. And i can not remember off hand what record listed George specifically his dad. All three where listed. Soloma was not listed as his wife just F. . But David cripps was a son. She never has a last name in all we found. Im thinking she may be a cripps and never married this guy? Or.. well i have no idea. Any help would be great. Or maybe her name is Sara salona or sonoma. Writing can be difficult to read. . Im curious to know what others may have found. Family history says solona/sonoma, sara is a indian. Mayhap why she has no last name? But where did cripps name come from? Why dies david have the last name? U can see david is Indian. And if i go by who his dad is, burget, born in Germany, he was obviously not indian. Anyway. Sorry. I babble.. any info to help confirm would be great. I have listed david cripps parents as George Daniel burget and salona by what i have found. I just need more info. If there is any to confirm what all this is exactly.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
littlebit_ben... 1536770404000 
judyartley261... 1541443164000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic