KAZMIERCZAK, Michael of Detroit bef. WWI

Replies: 6

Re: KAZMIERCZAK, Michael of Detroit bef. WWI

Posted: 1170786775000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1170812882000
Surnames: Kazmierczak
Hello Tom

Nice to meet you. The Kazmierczak on my side of the family was the maiden name of my great great grandmother Francis who came here in 1884 from Poland. They settled in Upper Michigan where most of my family is located. We have tried to find connections to other Kazmierczak's here in the states without much luck. There were Kazmierczak's on some baptismal records from the 1890's thru 1905 or so listed as God parents; Angela and Stanley Kazmierczak. (either her parents or her brother perhaps?) In the cencus records from those times there is also a Martin Kazmierczak living there then (I don't have the records in front of me, but I will look tonight). I could not find Angela and Stanley listed on any cencus records and so therefore if they were Francis's brother I could not try to track them by any children they might have had. As far as Martin, it appears they he went to lower Michigan at some point, but again I have been unable to make a connection.

So is there any chance that any part of your family lived in Michigan at any point? I will have to look at my Polish map to see exactly where Koninko is in relation to Sroda. My Kazmierczak's records where found in a couple of church's very near Sroda. Again, I will look up the information when I get home to pass on to you to see if there is any connection. Most of the information was found by a researcher who lives in Poznan (not far from Sroda) who found the records at various church's in the area. The quantity and quality of the information for the priced paid was unbelieveable. They also act as guides and I had a chance to visit there for 3 days in 2005. It was the trip of a lifetime for sure. Here is a link to their site;

http://www.discovering-roots.pl/info.htm

Magda Smolka was the person who did the research for me, and who also took me all around Poznan, Sroda, Kurnik, Garby and the many other small villages south of Poznan. It is not possible to give a high enough recommendation for this group, they were outstanding. If you would like more information about them feel free to email me any time.

(gjskoviak@iltinc.com or gskoviak@frontiernet.net)

I look forward to seeing if there is any connection between our families. I have been collecting photo's (especially of the "old" family) whenever possible but pictures from the early 1900's are few, and I don't have any of the Kazmierczak's. I am crossing my fingers that at last maybe some link, (even if long ago) has been found with the Kazmierczak family.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Sincerely
Greg Skoviak

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathleen Brown 932990400000 
katwood75 1049858958000 
Kathy Brown 1049935418000 
finpole99 1131409275000 
tomkazmiercza... 1170709963000 
Skoviak99 1170786775000 
finpole99 1131409937000 
per page