Search for content in message boards

JOHNSON, DOTSON, NEAL, YATES, GARNER, HARRIS, NELSON, PAGE, YORKSHIRE

Replies: 1

JOHNSON, DOTSON, NEAL, YATES, GARNER, HARRIS, NELSON, PAGE, YORKSHIRE

Posted: 1471195173000
Classification: Query
Surnames: JOHNSON, DOTSON, NEAL, YATES, GARNER, HARRIS, NELSON, PAGE, YORKSHIRE
We need help from families who connect at various generations. We started with the JOHNSON family who migrated from Farham, VA area to ST Mary's after emanicipation. Our JOHNSON/PAGE is our initial paternal branch.

Need to connect to any RICHMOND COUNTY, VA families with connections via surname or whose branch can be tracked back to farms owned by a GEORGE CRITCHER or any of the DUNAWAYS.

*GEORGE CRITCHER moved from Richmond CO to MIDDLESEX, VA (CHARLOTTESVILLE REGION) so there is reason to investigate any JOHNSON slave lines there too.

* A DUNAWAY may be Adoniram Dunaway, son of Raleigh Dunaway and Anna Catherine George.

Need to connect to Adoniram/Raleigh Dunaway researchers specific.

After emanicipation (maybe before depending on the surname/line) the families lived in Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York, and Washington DC as well as many who stayed in St. Mary's County or nearby counties.

I have been DNA mapping our family so we can find any and all family. It is quite possible some members of our family were moved from St Mary's/Northern Neck of VA to southern colonies North and South Carolina and these branches have no knowledge of the connection UNLESS they too establish their branch via FTDNA DNA testing.

I believe significant early history of our country can be gained if a concerted effort can be made to track the earliest slave line families for each of these geographic regions. This can only be accomplished with classic and genetic genealogy tools being used.

Because St Mary's was the first township established in Maryland, it is logical to expect the slave lines who call this region home may represent important African American Families. I have already found a possible connection between the first African American Scientist to earn her Doctorate in Chemistry to the PAGE family.

However, it will take DNA to confirm the relationship. It is my hope as the work continues folks will see the wondeful opportunity to learn more about their families and help our Nation's history include important chapters.

IF YOUR FAMILY HAS CALLED ST MARY's CO or RICHMOND/WESTMORELAND COUNTIES of VA home in or before 1870 you will take the time to locate your eldest living relatives (boys and girls) and get your family DNA mapping started.

It is my hope as more test the Haplo work will improve. The region of Africa and the migration ribbon to the American Colonies will be made clear.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
saltbreeze44m... 1471195173000 
delbar75 1472101571000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic