I'm hoping someone will be going to ME Archives real soon who would be willing to look-up the death record of Fredrick W. WARWICK in the microfilms.
I've been making myself crazy trying to connect my Frederick with another WARWICK man, Willard James aka James W., who I've a gut feeling was Fredrick's brother but I just can't prove it.
I NEED to know who Fredrick's parents were & my hope is that the informant on Fredrick's death record knew the names of his parents.
I know from Willard's birth record found on line in Nova Scotia Archives that his parents were John WARWICK & Elizabeth GILMORE.
And I'm hoping if someone finds Fredrick's record, the same parental names will appear.
This may be a bit long but here's what I have so far....
Coincidences for my Fredrick and Willard s/o John & Elizabeth whom I suspect is Fredrick's brother:
I can find a birth record for James W. WARWICK aka Willard James in Acadia Mines, Nova Scotia but not for Fredrick - Nova Scotia has a gap in BMD records coverage during the period Fredrick would have been born.
Fredrick reported he was born in Acadia Mines aka Londonderry, Nova Scotia.
1891 Census Acadia Mines, Nova Scotia both Willard and a younger sibling Fredrick are in the household of the widow Elizabeth WARWICK nee GILMORE.
Both of these men are found in Providence, RI abt. a year apart:
Fredrick enlists in the Army, Nov 1899 in Providence, RI.
Willard marries Margaret Frasier in Jun 1900 Providence, RI and has children born there 1901 & 1905.
1930's forward, both Elvira Kessel WARWICK, widow of Fredrick W. WARWICK with her children (2 of whom died in the 1940's in Charleston, WV) and Willard James WARWICK - he'll d. 1935 in Charleston - & his family are found in Charleston, Kanawha Co, WV at the same time.
The names Willard, Willard James, Fredrick and John appear in both men's families.
Both widow Elvira & Willard's widow Margaret are found in Charlston, WV city directories past the 1940 census.
A teaser snippet from a hunt in newspaperarchive.com / Charleston Gazette Friday, January 14, 1938, Charleston, West Virginia yielded a report of a birthday party for a 9 yr old Patricia Warwick, daughter of Howard Thomas Warwick who was a son of Willard & Margaret. Attending the party was Mrs. Elvira Warwick, Fredrick's widow.
Many strong coincidences but no "smoking gun". I NEED Fredrick's parents names to clinch it.
I'd try and find a marriage record for Fredrick & Elvira to see who Fredrick named as his parents IF ONLY I could figure out where Fredrick & Elvira met and married.
Fredrick didn't stay put anywhere for very long. He'd enlisted in the Army, was discharged and then enlisted again several times at various places.
And Elvira & her siblings were orphaned in 1905. I can't find any of them on the 1910 census so I've no idea just where they were. Since, initially, Elvira & her siblings were from NYC, I did do a search of the NYC marriage index via Steve Morse One Step site but found no marriage for Elvira in any of the 5 boroughs.
Fredrick's time line up to the birth of his first child in Jun 1920:
- Nov 1899 in Providence, RI, enlists Army for the 1st time
- 1900 on census at Ft. Riley, KS
- Nov 1902 discharged Ft. Leavenworth, KS
- Nov 1902, a week later Kansas City, MO re-enlists Army
- 20 Nov 1905 discharged at Ft. S.A. Russell in Wyoming
- 24 Nov 1905 re-enlists in Army in Denver, CO
- 1906 deserts - location unknown but later discharged (note on military internment form)
- 1906 to 1916: Fredrick's "lost" in the records & so far not found on the 1910 census
- Jun 1916 - re-enlists again, location unknown (note on military internment form)
- Abt. 1918, based on reported age at marriage given on a census, Fredrick & Elvira marry somewhere. No WW I Draft record found for Fredrick to help with his location.
- Apr 1919 Fredrick is furloughed to the RAR, Regular Army Reserve
- Jan 1920 Jan on census w/Elvira in Lowell, Middlesex Co, MA, Elvira pregnant
- 4 Jun 1920 officially discharged, location not stated, from Regular Army Reserve upon the abolition of the RAR(note military internment form)
- 11 Jun 1920, 1st Child, Fredrick W., Jr. b. Lowell, MA
Fredrick died 6 Nov 1935 at Ft. McKinley, Great Diamond Island, Portland Harbor, Portland, ME.
Initially, he was buried at Ft. McKinley in the base cemetery but his remains were later moved in 1952 to Long Island National Cemetery.
Can anyone take a look for Fredrick's death record. A newspaper report of his death would be a bonus especially if it mentions who his parents were or when/where he & Elvira married.