Session held 1 Feb 1780 at Harrodsburg – again to straighten out the titles to unpatented lands. The meeting was again moderated by Wm. Fleming, Stephen Trigg and Edmund Lyne who had been appointed by the Commonwealth of Virginia. Note that names, locations and improvements are shown as spelled in the original. If you are new to the list or missed a post go to: http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.ken...
. The previous posts of this series are archived there. If you will go to post 1 of the series, you will find an explanation of what was happening here.
Stephen Trigg, assignee of Edward Loe (could this be Lee?), 1400 acres, came to have the land altered. The original site was on land belonging to Gen’l Lewis. So he wished to locate on Harrods Creek (a branch of the Ohio River), 1 ½ to 2 miles above the 2nd fork of the Creek, S branch; included a spring where it appears there was an old camp.
Dan’l Hogan by Edward Hammon, 400 acres, settled in May 1779; on the Rowling Fork (likely Rolling) of Salt River, about 17 miles from Harrodsburg; had made improvements.
David Bard, 1000, marked & improved in 1775; on the Waters of Stewarts Fork of Salt River; included a cabbin known as the Bards Ceder Cabbin.
Sam’l Wethrow, 100, setting & improved in 1775; on a branch between Buffaloe Creek & Stewart Waters of Chaplins of Salt River; included his cabbin.
Nath’l Hart, assignee of Lanelett Johnson who was assignee of Elijah Nunn, 1400 acres, ; raised corn in 1775; on the banks of the Ohio at the end of a long reach, about 4 miles above the first island in the low country; opposite a large rock on the Indian Shore known as Rock Dunda; included a poplar tree marked “LH” and an ash marked “EH.”
James Stewart, 400, settled May 1779; on the waters of Salt River about 1 mile from a large buffaloe road leading to a long lick.
Wm. Robinson, 400, settled in Apr 1779; on N side of Dick River on a branch of the KY River.
Wm. Marshall, 400, settled 1779; on the waters of Licking Creek within about 7 miles from Riddles Station.
Edw’d Camp by Patrick Jordan, 400; settled May 1779. No location indicated.
Rueben Camp, 400; settled May 1779; on the N fork of Mill Creek, waters of the Ohio River, about 1 ½ miles from the mouth of the fork.
Wm. Grayson, 1400, corn in 1776; on the Beech Fork of Salt River near the Indian Lick.
Jonathan Ingrum, 1400; corn in 1776; on the Rowling Fork of Salt River near the Indian Lick on the N.
John Divine, 400, settled March 1779; on the Pleasant Run near the head, waters of Beeck Fork of Salt River; on the Hunter’s Road.
John Brexdel, heir at law to John Brexdel, decd., 1000, deceased settled, marked & improved in 1775; 2 miles S of Major Harrod’s land; includes his cabbin.
Dan’l McCormick, 1000; improved in 1776i; on Hanging Fork of Dick River where the old path crosses between the Knobb Lick & the Flat Lick.
Elisha Allen, 400, settled March 1779; on the dividing ridge between Cedar Run & Dicks River; includes improvements; 1 ½ miles above the mouth of Dicks River. Adjourned.
2 Jan 1780, same location.
Charles Stewart, 1000, marked & improved in 175; on both sides of Dowlin Run, a branch of Glens Creek; joins the lands of Cerus/Cyrus McCracken.
Wm. Craig, 1400, corn in 1776; on the Hanging Fork of Dick River on the E side; 3 miles from Col. Logan’s station.
Alex’r Buckhannon, 400, settled Nov 1778; on Gasts/Gests Creek, a fork of Licking Creek; includes improvements made by Joseph Robertson.
John Craig, 1400, corn in 1776; on a branch of the Hanging Fork of Dicks River, about ¾ of a mile from the fork on the E side; 2 miles from Col. Logan’s Station.
James Craig, 400, corn in 1776; on a branch of the Hanging Fork of Dicks River on the E side; about 2 miles from Col. Logan’s Fort.
John Craig, Sr., 1000, by Wm Craig; marked & improved in 1776; on a branch of the Hanging Fork of Dicks River on the E side; about ¾ of a mile from the mouth of the branch known as Little Flat Lick Creek.
Sam’l Craig, 1000; marked and improved in 1776; same area, joins lands of John Craig.
James Gilmore, 1400; corn in 1775 and 1776; on both sides of the Hanging Fork; joins lands of John Daugherty; includes small improvements made by Walter Stewart and his own improvements.
Nehemiah Poor, 400, settled 1778; at the head of a branch of Gilbert’s Creek that heads towards Hammons Lick.
George Helms, 1000, marked & improved in 1776; on N branch of the Hanging Fork of Dicks River, near the knobb Lick; joins the land said to be claimed by Edw’d Bulger & Burr Harris/Harrison.
Edw’d Johnson, 1000, marked & improved in 1775; on a small branch of Harrods Creek running on the S; joins the lands of Moses Kilpatrick.
Wm Young, 400, settled in March 1779; on the waters of Gilberts Creek; joins the land of Nehemiah Poor on the W.
James Craig by Sam’l Craig, 400; settled Nov 1778; on the Hanging Fork of Dicks River; about 2 miles above Dan’l McCarmack’s land.
Stephen Trigg, 1000, marked & improved in 1775; on the head of the N branch of Beargrass, about 2-3 miles from Col. Wm. Flemings land; near a NE fork.
Martin Armstrong, 1000, by Thomas Denton, marked & improved in 1775; on the Ohio River below the mouth of Mill Creek and below the mouth of Salt River; about 5 miles below the mouth of the creek.
Arthur Denton, 1000, marked & improved in 1775; on the Ohio River between the mouth of Salt River & Mill Creek; includes improvements at a spring; tree with the two first letters of his name. Adjourned.
We are possibly about ½ way through the records of these sessions. I thank you for your patience in posting this information and for the e-mails I’ve received from list members when they find one of their ancestors listed.