Search for content in message boards

HELP ME FIND MY FAMILY!!!

Replies: 11

HELP ME FIND MY FAMILY!!!

Posted: 1109073176000
Classification: Query
Surnames: ALLEN, HATFIELD
Hey Y'all,

I stumbled across this message board...well HOURS ago I just realized, (LOL), trying to find ANYTHING about ANYONE that is related to me. My Daddy was Leo Allen DOB 11/22/33 (may be the 27th, as when we got his birth certificate for him a few years ago the day had mysteriously changed) He passed away in September 2003.

His parents were Bradley and Dora (Nee?) Allen. (My Grandma Dora is the MAIN one I'm interested in, as all my mom could find out about her is that she died when my dad was a boy, she had a "goiter" and that she was in a "Mental Institution" when she died...I have THYROID disease, AND mental illnesses...hopelfully I can HELP ME by finding out all I can!)

My dad's siblings are George Allen-deceased, Maudie Allen-Hatfied - Last Known address somewhere in Michigan, and the baby of the family is Victor Allen -Last known address, somewhere in Wisconsin.

My dad Leo, never talked about his family much. As a matter-of-fact, when I was 10, (1970) we took a vacation to Pikeville, KY and I met my grandpa 'Bradley Allen' for the first and last time. He passed away the next year @ my Aunt's home in Michigan. I did meet my 2 uncles, George and Victor but I was pretty young. Uncle George had been in Vietnam and stayed with us in the early 70's. I didn't know it then, but after I became an adult I realized that not only was he an alcoholic, but he also suffered from PTSD...and around '71' or '72' we visited my Aunt Maudie in Michigan. Gosh, I just remembered something...in 1970, when we went to Pikeville, we not only visited my grandfather, but also some of my dad's aunts/uncles. I have a vivid memory of the house they lived in, it was like right in town, and the fact that my "great aunt" cooked enough food for an army!!! (It was GREAT too!!!) There was some other kin we visited, not sure if it was another great aunt or not, who lived up on a mountain. I remember my mom was driving and she was so worried that if another car came, we'd surley run off the side of it! LOL...that and me and my sister Kathy both remember that their bathroom was at the back of the house, and we were petrified to use it, cause we thought it would break off and fall down. LOL...Its so funny now that I think about it.

Anywayz, I am really sorry to make this post so lengthy, but I have been searching on the Internet for days, trying to find information about my grandmother, DORA ALLEN, but also would LOVE to find any family members I may have in this big old world!

I pray that someone who knows ANYTHING about ANY of my relatives, will send me an email. You can write to me at yankkeechick@yahoo.com ANYTIME!!!

Thank you, GOD BLESS, and Good Luck with YOUR searching!!!

Sincerely,

Lisa Allen-Notter
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LisaAllenNott... 1109073176000 
LisaAllenNott... 1109142104000 
ceilidh 1114041581000 
LisaOhiO 1114140104000 
Tara 1114278888000 
LisaOhiO 1114309133000 
Linda Meyer 1523066956000 
Tara 1114279290000 
Claudia Horne 1515956948000