Search for content in message boards

Sarah Davis, b. abt 1827, Barbourville

Replies: 0

Sarah Davis, b. abt 1827, Barbourville

Posted: 1550114476000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davis
I am looking for information about Sarah Davis, born about 1827 in Kentucky. She appears in the 1860 census (and possibly 1850) for Knox County living near John and Mary Curtis Davis.

Sarah has 4 children:
Mary E, abt 1849
Francis, abt 1851
James, abt 1853
Mahala, abt 1854

John and Mary also have children named Mary, Mahala, and James and it appears that most of their descendants are named for other family members.

Sarah and her children all disappear after 1860. I suspect that Sarah is either the daughter or daughter-in-law of John and Mary Davis. They may have a daughter with the same name and the same age who lives with them in 1850 and 1860. If she is their daughter-in-law, which seems more likely, I do not know which son she was married to.

Sarah's husband, if she has one, is not mentioned anywhere that I have discovered, nor can I find a second husband. I have not found any of her daughters married and living elsewhere in later years.

There is a possibility that James is my gg grandfather whose history before 1873 when he married has been a mystery.

DNA lead me to several cousin matches who have Knox County Davises in their ancestry, so there is a good possibility that I am related to this Davis family. I would love to find the connection.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Find a board about a specific topic