St. Thomas Orphanage, for boys, opened in Bardstown, KY. about 1858. In 1889, it burned down and the orphanage was temporarily moved to Louisville, Ky. where Bellarmine University is now located. It was then moved back to Bardstown and was there till 1909. It was then moved back to the present site of Bellarmine University, which at that time was a Seminary. In 1938, the orphanage made it's final move when it moved to Anchorage, Jefferson County, KY on Ward Avenue. In 1955, St. Thomas and St. Vincent orphanages merged at the Anchorage location.
St. Vincent Orphanage, for girls, opened in Louisville, Ky. in 1832.
1832-1836 443 South 5th Street.
1836-1892 corner of Wenzel and Jefferson Streets.
1892-1901 present site of Bellarmine University.
1901-1955 2120 Payne Street.
1955 merged with St. Thomas Orphanage at Anchorage, Jefferson County, KY. on Ward Ave.
St. Thomas-St. Vincent Orphanage closed in 1983.