Search for content in message boards

Obediah Chaney and Elizabeth Burton Chaney: Richard Chaney 1808, Martha Woodson Marr 1809, Francis Marion Chaney 1837

Replies: 0

Obediah Chaney and Elizabeth Burton Chaney: Richard Chaney 1808, Martha Woodson Marr 1809, Francis Marion Chaney 1837

Posted: 1556592809000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chaney, Marr, Roots, Welch,
Above is my line and have Francis Marion Chaney going from Ky to Texas to LA. I live in Louisiana and have obtained a lot of info from relatives and a lot of documents.

Anyone have any info or pictures of any people from this line. I have made several trips to Green County, KY and obtained a lot of information. I have info needed but unable to get back down there. I met a Dennis Chaney who is from the John Burton Chaney line; He took me and my wife to a Chaney Cemetery and a log cabin which belonged to John Burton Chaney.

At the time we last were there, he told me a story about a family bible that was in the hands of a person who would not anyone see it. I tried contacting her and never got an answer on the phone. Was jus wondering if she changed her ways and let people see it . The person I talked to told me that he actually saw the bible and he said that Obediah Chaney came from Virginia to KY with Daniel Boone over the Cumberland Gap. He also said that Obediah Chaney had a nickname of Black Buck..

Would love to get any new information and confirm some that I already have.

There is a lot of lot of information out there about the Francis Marion Chaney in Texas is from Arkansas. There is no way that is true and I have much proof of it but it continues to float on the internet . If anyone would like to discuss this, contact me.

Find a board about a specific topic