Search for content in message boards

James Morris to John Davidson

Replies: 0

James Morris to John Davidson

Posted: 953208000000
Classification: Deed
Edited: 994695900000
Surnames: Morris, Davidson, Berry, Gibson
This Indenture made and entered into the 4th day of August 1820 between James Morris of the County of Clay and State of Kentucky of the one part and John Davidson of the County and State aforesaid of the other part Witnesseth that for and in consideration of the sum of three hundred and fifty dollars to him in hand paid the said James Morris by the said John Davidson, the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged, he, the said James Morris hath and doth by these presents bargain, sell, grant, alien, and confirm unto the said John Davidson all my part or claim of a tract of land containing eight hundred eleven and three fourths acres that we bought in partnership together of James Berry, also another small tract of fifty actres that I bought of John Gibson; all of which lands lies adjoining on both sides the Red Bird fork and in the County and State aforesaid and bounded as follows (to wit). The first Beginning at two white oaks three red oaks and dogwood all marked "W" on the front of a ridge, Thence North 250 poles to a stake, Thence West 288 sixteenths poles to a stake, Thence South 450 poles to a stake, Thence East 288 sixteenths poles to a stake, Thence North 200 poles to the beginning containing 811-3/4 acres. The other beginning at a beech on the bank of Red Bird fork of Kentucky River in the line of Berry, Thence East with the line of Berry 90 poles to a stake in said line, Thence from the beginning of the Red Bird fork and binding thereon 90 poles to a stake Thence East so far that a line to the termination of the first line of 90 poles will include the quantitiy of fifty acres, to have and to hold the aforesaid tracts or parcels of land with its appurtenances to the said John Davidson, his heirs, Executors, administrators, and assigns forever, and the said James Morris for himself and heirs doth warrant and defend the title of said lands names within from any claim that may be set up by James Morris and his heirs and all and every other person claiming under him or them but not from the claim of any other person.

In Testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this the day and date first above written.

James Morris (seal)

Signed in presence of
C. W. White
Mattias Cain

State of Kentucky Clay County
I hereby certify that the within Indenture from James Morris to John Davidson was acknolwedged by the said James Morris on the 7th day of August 1820 to be his act and deed, hand and seal for the purposes therein specified, which is duly admitted to record in my office the same day and date.

In Testimony whereof I have subscribed my name as D.C. this 18th day of August 1820.

William J. Baker D.C.

Find a board about a specific topic