Search for content in message boards

James Fielding - Susannah Rayburn

Replies: 4

Re: James Fielding - Susannah Rayburn

Posted: 1236115152000
Classification: Query
Hi:

I am researching my family tree and stumbled across this thread today. As you probably already know, Susannah is the daughter of Enoch R. Rayburn & Mary Penland. Enoch's younger sister, Percilla Jane Rayburn, married Alex Penland (the guy who was an early casualty in the Underwood-Stamper War. Alex/Percilla are my great-great grandparents, and b/c a brother/sister from George Penland's offspring married a brother/sister of Henry Willis Rayburn's offspring, everyone in this tree downstream is a double 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc cousin. So, I am apparently double-4th cousins to all the Rayburns/Raybourns in Olive Hill, Carter Co., KY area of my generation.

Now to the Fielding connection. I found this while visiting my grandfather/great grandfather Penland/Pendlum gravesites at Walnut Grove Cemetery, at Upper Tygart, KY, where I was raised. I cannot readily find the reference, but I believe James Fielding's father came into Kentucky and settled in Greenup County. Among their offspring are a son, J.W. Fielding, and Owen Fielding (b. 21 Sep 1895 - d. 2 May 1964). Owen's children include Ford, Roger, Owen Patrick "Pat", Clara Alice, Myra Sue, "Dodie", Patricia, Wanda, and James R. Fielding. There are others brothers -- I believe one is named Lovell. I remember an Owen Patrick Fielding, who was one year ahead of me (born 11 Feb 1954) who I believe is recently deceased. I also remember Sonni and Butch Fielding, who were offspring of Dexter Fielding and Dora Lawson. I believe Dexter may be the offspring of Owen's brother, who was named Lovell -- no immediate birth data on him, but Dexter lives at top of what is known as New Road Hill on U.S. 60, West, about 4 miles from Olive Hill. I have been working my own family tree and have the documentation on the Rayburns back to Richard Raibone from Surrey, England, and the Penlands to Inveresk, Edinburgh, Scotland if you are interested -- family tree "Pendlum".

Regards,

Dave Pendlum
Annapolis, MD
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CWButler92 1037488593000 
dpendlum 1236115152000 
vrowe6637 1253148141000 
Deborah Marke... 1271562622000 
CHarles Sims 1513357543000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic