Search for content in message boards

George "Doc" Lewis Bradley

Replies: 3

George "Doc" Lewis Bradley

Susan Bradley Harris (View posts)
Posted: 931262400000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bradley, McBrayer, Riddle, Little
I am searching for ANY information about my Great-Grandfather George Lewis Bradley.
He was born in 1826 in Lewis County, Kentucky. He died in April 1895 and is buried
in Hall Cemetary in Rush, Carter County, Kentucky. He is pictured in a pictorial
history book about Carter County and listed as "Doc" Bradley. He apparently, as
stated in the book,was an herb Doctor. He was married to Elizabeth Elkins McBrayer in
1858 on Bolts Fork Road in Cattlesburg, Boyd County, Kentucky--they had no children
together. Sometime after Elizabeth's death on August 8, 1878, he married my Great-Grandmother, Louvina
Riddle. Louvina was the daughter of John Riddle and Liddie Little (all were from
Yancy County, North Carolina). George & Louvina had at least 5 sons we know of: James
Henry (my Grandfather who was born in Carter County), John D., George W., David T., and Woodard A.
If anyone has ANY information-- mostly in regards to George's parents name-PLEASE write to
me. We suspect (without any verification) his parents were Jesse Bradley & Elizabeth
Wooten who were married on Jan. 20, 1818 in Floyd County, Kentucky. No documents can be found with his parents listed.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Susan Bradley Harris 931262400000 
Cora Sparks 1053563338000 
Susan Harris 1053905411000 
Amy Davis 1524202026000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic