Search for content in message boards

Ward/Rinhart (Rinehart, Rhinehart) Families help

Replies: 0

Ward/Rinhart (Rinehart, Rhinehart) Families help

Posted: 1468357816000
Classification: Query
I am currently doing ancestry research in order to sort out my Native American heritage. My 4x great grandmother is Dora Magdaline (Rinhart) Ward, and her parents are John Rinhart and Rachel Miller. Dora's exact birthplace is unknown, given she lists different states in each census, such as Wisonsin, Iowa, and Canada. Dora married Andrew J. Ward, from Tennessee, and his parents are William L C Ward and a woman named Harriet. Dora is believed to be full-blooded Indian, while Andrew is around 1/2 or so. I am finding a lot of censuses in which Dora, Andrew, and their children are identified as Indians, however, which tribe varies. I have came to the conclusion that they were definitely either Cherokee or Chippewa. If anyone else is researching the same family and knows their tribal affiliation or how I could figure it out, or any info at all, please help!!! Dora and Andrew's children are Fred D Ward, Colonel Metheny Ward, Sara Ward (my 3x great grandmother), George W Ward, Ephriam W Ward, Joseph Ward, Roney Ward, Henry Eugene Ward, Harry Ward, Cleveland Ward, Leonard W Ward, and Nina Ward.
Any help is appreciated!!!

Find a board about a specific topic