Thomas Brown b. 1813 PA or WV. Married Ruth Bills b. Aug. 12, 1815 PA, VA. ( in 1835 Marshall Co. WV). Ruth died Jun. 27, 1880 Jackson Co. WV. Buried near Sandyville...Ruth is daughter of: William Bills, b. 1784 PA, and Martha Anne Alley. William and Martha married May 7, 1812 in Green Co. Pa. Martha was born 1793 Greene Co. PA. Died 1873 Pleasants Co. WV, buried in Odd Fellows Cem. St. Marys.
Children of Thomas and Ruth:
1. William, born 1837 Marshall Co. WV died after 1900 M. Nancy Hubbs
2. Susan, born 1838 died aft. Dec. 5, 1860
3. John S, born 1841 died Feb. 13, 1880
4. Joseph B., B. 1842 died aft. 1923 m. Hannah E. Hendershot (lived in New Phil. OH in 1923) His son, Thomas Jeff. Brown married Amanda Emeline Mitchell Amanda died while visiting a son in Indiana or Illinois (he lived right on the line). Amanda and husband, Thomas, are buried in Evergreen Cemetery, in New Philadelphia, Ohio. They had gone there for work in the Steel Mills; several sons went, too.
5. Martha R. Brown 12 April 1844, D. Feb. 21, 1923 Jackson Co.WV. Marshall, W, CO, married:
Sept. 7, 1865 Wood Co, Wv, Wade Hampton Benson Birth: 8 Dec 1840 Harrison Co, Wv - Death: 21/23 Feb 1923 Sandyville, Jackson Co, Wv (Martha and Wade Bensons children were: Margaret Jane, William Cayton, Laura Mae, Elizabeth (Lola, Susanna, Rosalie, James Robert, Thomas Leroy)
6. Thomas J Brown 1849 Marshall, W, CO
7. Emeline Brown 1847 Marshall, W, CO , died 1925 Wood Co. WV. Married William C Benson born abt. 1847 Marshall Co. WV (lived in P,burg in 1923)
8. Elizabeth, born 1855 died aft. 1860
9. Cassandra Ruth Cassie Brown 1859 Marshall, W, CO , d. aft. May 15, 1881 married Valentine Folmer born abt. 1859 Marshall Co. WV.
10. James L. Brown born Apr 1860 Marshall/Pleasants Co WV. Second wife of James L. Brown.
Cora V. Bosworth married May 29, 1884 Meigs Co. Ohio
I believe Thomas Browns father was John. Would love to find out more info. on this family.