Search for content in message boards

Cupples, Stranahan, Aikens of Vanderburgh Co., IN

Replies: 2

Cupples, Stranahan, Aikens of Vanderburgh Co., IN

Posted: 1035738053000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cupples, Stranahan, Aikens
I am looking for information three Cupples brothers who left Pittsburgh, PA and settled in Evansville, Vanderburgh, IN in the mid 1800s. Their parents were Joseph and Esther (Hezlep) Cupples of County Down, Ireland and later Pittsburgh, PA.

I am looking for information on John Cupples (1817-?) who married Rebecca Stranahan (?-?) and had the children Joseph, Jane, John, Martha, Rebecca, William and Kate. John Cupples came to Evansville in about 1843 and was a saddler by trade. He and his family are listed in the 1850 Census for Vanderburgh Co., IN. He is not listed in the 1860 Census but his children are listed in the household of John Grigg, a saddler of Vanderburgh Co., IN. I am looking for the exact birth date, exact death date, marriage date, place of burial and any other records about John and Rebecca (Strannahan) Cupples and their children/descendents.

I am also looking for information on Samuel Cupples (1819-1859) who was married to Martha Stranahan (1825-?). Samuel Cupples is indexed in the 1850 Census for Vanderburgh Co., IN as "Simeral" Cupples. No children for Samuel and Martha Cupples are listed in the 1850 Census. Martha (Stranahan) Cupples may be the Martha Grigg who is listed with the children of John Cupples in the 1860 Census. I am looking for the exact birth date, exact death date, marriage date, burial place, and any other records of Samuel and Martha (Stranahan) Cupples and their children/descendents.

I am also looking for information on Joseph Cupples (1825-?) who married Lorinda Aikens (or Akers) and also settled in Vanderburgh Co., IN after 1850. He is indexed in the 1860 Census for Vanderburgh Co., IN. with his wife and mother-in-law. No children were listed. I am looking for the exact birth date, exact death date, marriage date, burial place, and any other records of Joseph and Lorinda (Aikens) Cupples and their children/descendents.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DCMorinello 1035738053000 
dianenerison 1128056071000 
carabeck 1327171817000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic