Search for content in message boards

RISSLER

Replies: 15

Re: Rissler Family Website? Is there still one?

Posted: 1250054924000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rissler,Boone,Van Cleve,
Yes, Hi cousin!,
I really wanted to stay and chat a bit, but I had to go to work.
I'm glad you mentioned that Phebe's grandfather was Squire Boone, Daniels brother. With all the Squire's, Daniel's, and Phebe's somtimes it boggles the mind!

I know in Weaks history of Putnam Co., in a Bio of George Rissler, it states Susan Boone is the sister of "the noted Daniel Boone" and that William's sister, Phebe married Daniels brother Squire. This info had me confused for awhile!

Then earlier today on the net I found an article from the Greencastle Banner, dated 13 Jul 2009,titled "Boone Hutcheson cemetery to make major addition" and it reads in part, "Among the members of the Daniel Boone family, possible including his sister and sister in law. Numerous other Boone descendants are buried in the cemetery."

"Three of Squire Boone's (Daniel's Brother) children are buried here. Not everyone agrees that Phoebe Rissler Boone (Squire's wife) is buried in the cemetery."

"Three of her children, Matilda, Irv, and Melmoth are all buried in Boone Hutcheson. Some records show the stone with Phoebe's name was erected by her family when she and squire left Putnam Co. in 1852 for Iowa."
I think the stone they are talking about is the one I have saved under Susan Boone, which still has me confused! Do you know which one I mean?

I guess I just want to make sure I have the correct information.
Your Phoebe and my George's parents were William Rissler and Susan Boone. Susan's parents were Moses and Hannah Boone. and Moses's parents were Squire Boone Jr. and Jane Van Cleve, and this Squire is the brother of Daniel.

Moses Boone, father of Susan, also had a son named Squire and He married Phoebe Rissler. And he also had a son named Daniel A Boone.

Does this all sound correct?
Sorry for rambling on, I've been at this only 3 months, and believe i've become addicted!

Kristine
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mamatlb 1250025567000 
mamatlb 1250026124000 
KristineMarti... 1250028375000 
mamatlb 1250028679000 
KristineMarti... 1250054924000 
mamatlb 1250087527000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic