Search for content in message boards

Catholic Churches in Fulton

Replies: 0

Catholic Churches in Fulton

Posted: 1566314226000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Callahan, Kennedy
I am trying to find birth records for the Patrick Kennedy and Abigail Callahan family. Abigail is in Chicago in the 1900 census and listed as a widow. All of her children on their death certificates list their place of birth as Fulton, IL. and Fulton is also listed as their place of burial. I have not found any of them on Find a Grave at a cemetery in Fulton. The family was Catholic so while I know that civil records were not required during this time, the Catholic church kept records of births, baptisms, marriages, and deaths. What Catholic churches were in Fulton during this time and are their records available? I assume that Patrick died before the family moved to Chicago, but whether he died in Illinois or in Iowa I do not know as I have not been able to find a death certificate. Abigail Callahan had family that lived in Clinton, Iowa. The children are as follows: Joseph b.1861, Patrick b. 1869, Bridget b.1877, Simon b. 1879, Abigail b. 1883 and Catherine, James, Margaret and Mary have unknown birth dates. I have not found anything in the newspapers either in Iowa or Illinois for this family. I have found a Patrick Kennedy that died in Iowa in 1898 in an train accident but without a death certificate or obit, I cannot know if it is the Patrick Kennedy who married Abigail Callahan. Thank you for any help you can give.

Find a board about a specific topic