Search for content in message boards

Isaac & Enoch Ridgeway

Replies: 1

Re: Isaac & Enoch Ridgeway

Posted: 1550093288000
Classification: Query
I have researched most of Ausburn Ridgeway's children, but there are so many, I did not do much work on the youngest, including Enoch. Depending on how much you want to put into it though, I know you do have some very good options.

There is an 1873 Illinois Supreme Court decision, Alexander Ridgeway et al v. Robert Underwood et al, which came out of Robert Underwood and his partners purchasing the shares in Ausburn's estate of Ausburn's seven youngest children. Because the shares were sold before the death of Ausburn's widow, contradicting his will, the older children were saying that the sale was invalid. The Supreme Court's decision names Isaac as a defendant and also mentions that Enoch's children in the previous local cases had been minors and represented by a guardian ad litem. SO -- if Enoch died without a will, you should be able to find a guardianship if nothing else. If you want to put the time and money into it, I'm sure you could get information from the original court cases. Good Luck!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pyackie48 1550013344000 
debbie0279 1550093288000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic