Search for content in message boards

Alexander King of Banner, Fulton County, Illinois

Replies: 2

Alexander King of Banner, Fulton County, Illinois

Posted: 1466555219000
Classification: Query
Surnames: King
Alexander King b. unk d. 1849 Banner, Fulton, Illinois (possibly born in North Carolina around 1770)

Trying to go further back on Alexander but I'm a bit stuck ... here's what I've been able to deduct ...

In Alexander's last will and testament, he lists his wife as Mary and children... Henry, Hugh, John, Alexander, Harmon, Charity King-Wright, Mary King-McKay. Harmon acted as Admin over his will.

Alexander is shown in 1840 Census for Fulton County and the ages of individuals and children count adds up.

Alexander died in 1849. In 1850 Census, it shows Mary, Hugh, Henry, and John all living together in Utica, Fulton, Illinois. It also shows Charity King-Wright, Bryant Wright and their children just above them on the Census. It says that the mother Mary, children Charity and Henry were born in North Carolina but that sons Hugh, and John were born in Virginia. Children Alexander and Mary dont show up on any Census.

In 1860 Census, it shows Mary living with son John, his wife Arminda and children. There is also a Henry Allen King living with them but it shows Henry being younger than John and in the 1850 Census, Henry was almost 10 years older than John.

My direct connection is with John King and I am trying to get further back. Most trees on Ancestry have broken links or incorrect links back to Duncan King in North Carolina but I cannot substantiate any connection with that line. Ive read the hard cover book of the research into decedents of Duncan King and Lydia Fosque and cannot make the connections that many trees have work.

There is also a lot of connection on Ancestry to a civil war grave site in Kane, Illinois for John R King ... many think this is my John King but I am not convinced ... There is another family grave marker at the same cemetery that has all different people.

Any help would be appreciated.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sannis13 1466555219000 
mztiz1 1466629846000 
sannis13 1467821187000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic