Search for content in message boards

Looking for information on Robert Roger Terry b. 17 Sept 1913 in "Orin, Illinois"

Replies: 2

Looking for information on Robert Roger Terry b. 17 Sept 1913 in "Orin, Illinois"

Posted: 1560710821000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Terry
I am researching a relative's grandfather who was born in 1913 in Illinois but who I can find no record of until the 1930s in California. All records indicate that he was born in Illinois and the only "specific" location I have yet found was on his WWII draft registration, where he gave "Orin, Illinois" as his birthplace. His death record in California inaccurately gave his birth place as California (his 3rd wife was the informant) and gave his father's name as George R. Terry and mother's name unknown. I have tried hard to find him or his family in the 1920 and 1930 census records (in Illinois and elsewhere) without success. I'm not counting on the accuracy of his father's name from the death record. There is a Robert Terry about the right age (with brother Maurice) both born in Illinois living with extended family in California in 1920 but I've run that possibility to the ground and have concluded that Robert Terry is not the man I'm looking for. Maybe his parents died when he was young? Maybe his surname comes from his mother rather than his father? Since there doesn't appear to be an "Orin, Illinois"... was his birthplace actually "Van Orin?" I sent to the State of Illinois for a birth record but, because the birth was prior to 1916, they rejected my request and told me I need to check at the county level. I'm not sure if "Van Orin" and thus "Bureau County" is right or not. If anyone can give a foot in the door in Bureau Co., birth records I'd appreciate it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dixie Hansen 1560710821000 
LOVESeGENEe 1561567159000 
mcg103 1561589003000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic