"The Village that Grew", by Ruth B. Lyons, 1979, p. 27:
The Nel Hansens, also Danes, took up land across the river from the Klingbacks. Their son Dan, remembers:
Dad homesteaded near the slough because he needed driftwood to make charcoal for his forge. He made nails and horseshoes out of iron hauled in from Kelton, Utah. Dad brought his anvil all the way from Denmark and set up the first blacksmith shop in the community. We went to the Wilson School, built in 1876, three months out of the year. . . .