Accepting this challenge, here are the facts we already know.
Our father, James Brown Jr. was born (b. Jul 25 1908 Ensenada, Baja California) to parents James Brown Sr. and Lucrecia Castillo Brown (married Oct. 30, 1906 in San Diego, CA)both of whom were to die before their son's 7th birthday.
James Brown Sr.(b. circa 1875, Boise,Ada Co. ID) was a miner by trade but performed stunts in horse shows on the side. We know he worked in the mines of El Alamo (near Ensenada) and in Catacocha, Ecuador where he died (Dec. 17, 1911).
According to correspondence sent by the U.S. Consul in Ecuador to the U.S. State Dept., James Sr. had parents living in Boise City ID. named Charles B. and Mary E. Brown/Broion. Perhaps pronunciation misunderstandings caused this discrepancy in spelling. Letters were sent to inform James's parents of his overseas death but they were returned, undelivered.
Some Likely Candidates For Being Members of James Brown's Idahoan Family.
Father or Grandfather:
1. Jas M.F.Browne or Bronn: (b. c. 1829 Ireland - d. Aug 24, 1907 Boise, ID). Again, it could be that the name "Brown" pronounced with an Irish accent could have been misinterpreted as "Bronn".
2. Charles Brown: (b. 1829 Ireland) Was living in Silver City Owyhee, Idaho Terr. in 1870 where he worked as a Quartz miner.
3.Charles B. Brown: Listed as both a teamster and freighter in the 1901-1907 Boise City directories.
1. Mary E. Brown listed in the 1891 Boise City Directory as a dressmaker.
2. Mary Elizabeth Brown (b. July 4, 1856 - d. June 3, 1950 - Hailey ID).
3. Mary Elvgia Brown (b. Feb. 24, 1856 - d. March 27, 1921 - Kamiah ID).
1. Mary G. Brown (b. July 20 - d. Jan 3, 1950 Boise ID).
2. Mary A. Brown (b. Feb 9, 1875 - d. April 28, 1935 Boise ID).
3. Charles H. Brown (b. Dec 27, 1883 - d. Oct 4, 1907 Boise ID).
We would both welcome and appreciate any additions to the above list along with any information or suggestions to help identify James Brown Sr's Boise ID family.