Search for content in message boards

WWII Discharge Papers?

Replies: 1

Re: WWII Discharge Papers?

Posted: 1363712719000
Classification: Query
WWII veterans were encouraged, but not required, to file a copy of their discharge documents at the County Court House in the town in which they resided after discharge. Most Town clerk offices have discharges on file, but copies may also be found at County Probate Courts. The Bridgeport Town Clerk offices has discharge doucuments.
Bridgeport Town Clerk
Town Clerk: Alma L Maya (D)
Phone: (203) 576-7208

Assistant Town Clerk: Christina Resto

Phone: (203) 576-7208

Assistant Town Clerk: Aidxa Marquez

Phone: (203) 576-7278

Hours of Operation
Office Open
9:00am to 4pm

Closed for Lunch

Counter Services
Monday - Thursday
9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm
(Counter Closed Fridays)

Records Vault

Other places you may find a copy is at the funeral home that handled burial arrangements. If he had any services provided at a V.A. hospital, the hospital will have a copy of discharge & usualy service records.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KatieRennie 1363548616000 
LDUZ2 1363712719000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic