Search for content in message boards

Photo of Students and Principal at Davis School about 1906/7

Replies: 0

Photo of Students and Principal at Davis School about 1906/7

Posted: 1423930886000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brady, Medlar, Dunfield, Wood, Montgomery, Manfield, Johnson, Grady, Firchow, Fried, Wright, Rogers, Fisk, Barker, Logwood, Zane, Lufts, McAllister, Bowen, Cooley, Hamel, Lillard, Tauzer, Brady, Grieve, Cecil, Childs
I would like to know more about the school and to find out if any additional pictures exist. My Great Grandfather, Beverly Walter Wood was a Teacher and Principal there about 1906/7. I hope some of the descendants find and enjoy the attached picture. Mr. Wood was a Teacher and Principal throughout Northern California from about 1898 until his retirement in 1942. He came with his family from Jackson County, Missouri in a Covered Wagon about 1881 to Modoc County then to Shasta County, having earned his teaching certificate near Redding California. Both lines of my maternal grandmother's family lived and worked in the Yolo County area dating as far back as 1871.
Almost all of the children in the photo can be found, mentioned by name (as children of pioneering families) in the book, "History of Yolo County, California, With Biographical Sketches of the Leading Men and Women of the County, who Have Been Identified with Its Growth and Development from the Early Days to the Present" by Thomas Jefferson Gregory (Available for free on Google Books). I have also found most of them with family trees here on Ancestry.
Pictured:
Top Row L-R; Agnes Brady, Gladys Medlar, Abbie Dunfield, Beverly Walter Wood (Principal), Margaret Montgomery, Esther Manfield
2nd Row L-R; Ina Johnson, Rosie Grady, Alma Firchow, Mabel Fried, Ethel Wright, Virginia Rogers, Hazel Fisk
3rd Row L-R; Godfrey Barker, Leslie Logwood, George Zane, Johnny Lufts, John McAllister, Rhea Bowen, Addie Cooley
Bottom Row L-R; Hartmann Hamel, Walter Lillard, Walter Firchow, Willie Tauzer, John Brady, Jack Grieve, Granville Cecil, Frank Childs

Enjoy! Kelly
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic