The CAGenWeb Project, the California branch of The USGenWeb Project, is seeking a County Coordinator for Modoc County.
The USGenWeb Project is a loosely-organized group of volunteers that work to create a center for genealogical research for every county in every state within the U.S. and its territories. The USGenWeb Project and all of its branches are dedicated to providing quality genealogical knowledge and historical data, always free of charge, thereby promoting the study of ancestral history.
A County Coordinator must:
• have time to devote to properly maintaining a county website,
• have a basic knowledge of HTML page coding and design, access to a HTML Editor, or the ability to bring on a reliable Co-Coordinator or Webmaster,
• have a basic knowledge of FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and access to a FTP program,
• have the ability to respond to email messages from site visitors and from members of the administrative team in a timely manner, and
• be responsible for adding actual data to their county's project website on a regular basis.
County Coordinators need not be local to the county that they are adopting, though local coordinators are of course preferred.
For more information or to express interest in adopting The Modoc County CAGenWeb Project, contact Elizabeth Bullard, State Coordinator of The CAGenWeb Project at:
sc.cagenweb(AT)gmail.com *replace (AT) with an @ symbol
The CAGenWeb Project: www. cagenweb.com