Search for content in message boards

Ezerias and William Underwood from Missouri

Replies: 4

Re: Ezerias and William Underwood from Missouri

Posted: 1381990658000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1381990706000
Surnames: UNDERWOOD, BRINSFIELD
I am not sure if EZERIAS and AZZARIAH are the same person... BUT I wanted to post this here just in case.

We are an UNDERWOOD line from CASWELL/GUILFORD county, NC. I submitted a DNA sample. We matched someone who claimed to be a descendant of Azzariah of NC born 1798 at ZERO STEPS!

Our line has a DIRECT connection to ABEL UNDERWOOD's DALLAS ARK line AS WELL as BARTLETT YANCEY UNDERWOOD's line of OREGON, MISSOURI.

Both of these men had a lot of kids. I hope if you descend from either of these lines you will order the Y37 kit from familytreedna. We are working to confirm the next generation and that means we need help from the Underwoods UNCLES who moved west - Abel and Bartlett.

As far as AZZARIAH goes, I am still trying to find anything that has his name on it here in NC. I wonder if the age could be off? I also wonder if he could be a son of one of the UNCLES? Might take someone out there in MO or OK (Bartlett Yancey Underwood who married Minerva Brinsfield died before 1870. He ran guns and supplies to CONFEDERATE troups. Was caught and gave an oath of allegiance and then disappeared. His wife and kids relocated and one son GEORGE WASHINGTON UNDERWOOD along with his mom ended up in the TULSA area when the land was considered part of the Indian Territories. Minerva is buried there in Tulsa.

Sure would like to hear from anyone with Azzariah's line. Also wondering if anyone from WILLIAM BERRY's line has tested? Believe if kits are submitted the ground work has been laid to get this line moving along.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
C. Miller 995246000000 
MicahH244 995913726000 
Evelyn 997114664000 
MicahH244 997118077000 
saltbreeze44m... 1381990658000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic