Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM JORDAN died in Alabama in the 1830s/40s, maybe before? (moved from NC to AL)

Replies: 0

WILLIAM JORDAN died in Alabama in the 1830s/40s, maybe before? (moved from NC to AL)

Posted: 1451154039000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1451154083000
Surnames: JORDAN, NUNALY, NUNNERLY, TOLER, RICHARDSON, MCDIARMID
I am tracking NC 1700s Jordans and need some help from ALABAMA JORDAN researchers. While tracking Matthew Jordans I found a family of JORDANS who sued in CUMBERLAND Court as heirs of a WILLIAM JORDAN, 'LATE OF ALABAMA'.

Don't know WHERE in ALABAMA William moved and died. And I am not sure if these "heirs" were children or siblings? Need to find WILLIAM. Haven't seen any grave pop up on FINDAGRAVE.com. Maybe an ALABAMA researcher can help me connect some dots?

The names of the Jordans who brought this action to court:

Matthew (his wife was named Maria or Marie) - he lived in the Sampson/Cumberland region of NC at least up to when this action was brought in 1844.
Jesse
Sarah Sallie b cc 1766 (wife of Alexander Nunaly/Nunnerly) Her husband bought part of a parcel of land Matthew Jordan inherited "from his father THOMAS MOORE".
Nancy (wife of Isaiah Toler of Bladen county. Isaiah's family has ties to Fayetteville. He owned land and died in Bladen)
Mary (wife of Thomas Richardson). This one is proving to be extremely difficult to track. They married in Cumberland, Alexander Nunaly and a man named D. McDiarmid were bondsmen. There were two D. McDiarmids in Cumberland. One named Daniel and one name Diarmid. I don't know which one connects to either the Richardsons or the Jordans. The McDiarmids are laid to rest on Ft. Bragg's Longstreet Presbyterian Church. The tombstone for Diarmid McDiarmid who died in 1876 says he was born on the Isle of Islay, Scotland.
James
Martha Patsy

I hope posting this string of bits and pieces will lead to being able to tie up the loose ends.

Find a board about a specific topic