I hope you can tell how these line up. When I typed it, I put in spaces; however, when I preview the message everything seemed to line up on the left side of the sheet.
Here's what I have from my grandmother, Edna. She relayed this to me from memory about Anne and William Stribling. She recalled the children of Anne and Powell Bates Johnsston as:
1. Clara Johnson who married a William Sharpe
a. Wiliam Sharpe Jr married ???
1. William Sharpe IIII, Coach at University of AL
2. Nadya Sharpe married Duane M Starr (I think I attended college with her at Huntingdon College in Montgomer AL
b. Clara Sharpe
c. Pearl Sharpe
d. Ruby Sharpe
2. Irene Johnson Odom
3. Kate Johnson Harris
4. Fanny Johnson Daughtry (lived in Calvert, ,AL)
5. Emma Johnson Vaughn
6. John Johnson
William Stribling and Alice Cornelia Stribling
She said that William was once in the US government service and servced as a Representative in the Legislature from Washington County. She listed their children as:
1. Mellisa Stribling who married a Richardson
a. Nan Richardson
b. Nona Richardson
c. Lucy Richardson Elmo
d. Henry Richardson
1. Lloyd Richardson
e. John Richardson
1. Maude Richardson
a. Twin children one boy and one girl????
2. Mildred Richardson
3. Gertrude Richardson
4. Bernice Richardson
5. Nan Richardson
f. William "Pig" Richardson, was a holiness preacher in Panama City FL
2. Alice Cornelia Stribling, married Charles Erasmus Powe and they had six children.
a. Alice Gabrella (b Aug 9, 1881) married Dan Tarver. Alice later re-married to Cornelius McKeough (the brother of my grandfather who married Edna Powe)
1. Albert Tarver. killed in a car wreck in 1930
2. Virginia M Tarver (d 12Jun 1990, Married Locke Brown, a multi-millionaire who lost all his money when the stock market crashed
a. Yonge Locke Brown, lives in Montrose AL
b. Ernest Norman Powe (b 1885, married ???, lived in West Palm Beach FL
1. Freida Powe
2. Madge Powe
3. Elizabeth Powe
4. Coyle Norman Powe
5. a daughter ??
c. John Henry Powe (b 1888) marrie dSadie and lived on Hollingers Island AL
1. Frank Powe
2. Lewis Powe
3. Virginia Powe
4. Cecil Powe
5. a daughter ??
d. Francis Marjorie Powe (b Aug 11, 1891, married Emili Hines
1. Emily Hines, married Jessie Graddick and lived at 32 Hubbert St Mobile AL
2., Verna Hines,m married Grover Jackson
3. Alice Hines, married Joe Hill and lived in Irvington AL
e. Edna Earle Webb Powe (b 2 Aug 1894, d 23 Sep 1972) married Alfred Shaw McKeough, son of John McKeough and Francis Holloway McKeough, on Jan 25, 1912.
1. Marjorie Gabriella McKeough, married Ralph Bailey Pierce, Sr. (my Mom and Dad) Lived in Saraland AL and then Warner Robins GA
a. Judith Edwina Pierce, married Roy D. Croxton Jr
1. Roy Dendy Croxton,, III, married Cara Lynne Moore
2. Jonathan McKeough Croxton
3. Benjamin Gabriel Croxton married Miranda Lynne Ryburg
a., Raina Marie Croxton
b. Ralph Bailey Pierce, Jr. married Suzann Ford
1. Martin Bailey Pierce, married Michelle Czyz
a. Gabriella Anne Pierce
2. Matthew Heinz Pierce
c. Deborah Gabriella Pierce, married Walter Seymour Langshaw
1. Samuel Pierce Langshaw
2. Coleman Carnegie Langshaw
2. Alfred Shaw McKeough, Jr. married Helen Constance McKeough (lived in Saraland AL) Helen is still living.
f. Samuel Brown Powe (b 1897) in Bolinger AL, d on a Fridy in 1948) . Married Viola Medicus, a widow with one child. Sam was a noted restaurante owner, businessman, private detective, bookie, dog fighters, taxicab business owner, and ran for sheriff of Mobile County in 1926. He was the "black sheep", and my mother's most favorite uncle!!!
3. Ada Stribling married a Taylor and they had no children
4. Mattie Stribling, married James Newman of Birmingham AL. He was formally of Montgomery AL and owned Newman's Department Store.
5. Hal Powe Stribling, moved to Tennessee
Thank you so muchy for the information you've provided to me. I hope some of this, limited as it is will be of help to you.
Please excuse my typing....I'm using a laptop, and I'm not used too this keyboard.