Search for content in message boards

Joseph Arnold 1838-1910 St. Clements

Replies: 6

Re: Joseph Arnold 1838-1910 St. Clements

Posted: 1542280316000
Classification: Query
St. Clements
Previous Name: St. Alphonse
https://www.waterlooregionmuseum.ca/en/collections-and-resea...

The village of St. Clements in Wellesley Township is located at the present-day intersection of Lobsinger Line and Herrgott Road. An area of early Roman Catholic settlement by German immigrants from Alsace Lorraine, its first church was built in 1840, first named St. Alphonsus and after 1852, St. Clement's. The village's post office was established in 1853. Plans for the village site were drawn in 1857, 1860 and 1861. The Sisters of Notre Dame taught the Separate School from 1876. Other village amenities served the surrounding farm community, which today has many Mennonite farms.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sarah de Boer 1541944243000 
Stella_Stange... 1542239028000 
highridgemini 1542276954000 
highridgemini 1542278577000 
highridgemini 1542280316000 
margaretfergu... 1549644750000 
margaretfergu... 1549646477000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic